IT Security Analyst
An established consumer goods company, located south of Hartford, CT, is seeking an IT Security Analyst.
- Will support the global and regional organization in preventing and mitigating cyber security incidents, analyzing trends, and technologies regarding security risk followed by advisory and risk reduction projects and employee cyber awareness activities.
- Support the global Cyber Defense Management and Security Operations Center (SOC) teams in the Americas region in monitoring, analyzing, and reacting to internal/external IT security threats and events.
- Provide communication and awareness training of information security standards, policies, and best practices.
- Review/validate and improve current processes and setups to minimize areas of vulnerabilities in the environment.
- Provide support/consultation to M&A, security assessments, audits, compliance and other projects.
- Be proficient in technical aspects of security as well as standards, guidelines, regulations and best practices in the areas of NIST, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, etc.
- Interface with all management levels across business units and functions in the region.
- Be proficient in technical aspects of security and show a commitment to remain current with certifications and security and compliance best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT Security related discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with focus on security, incident detection and response activities
- CISSP, Security+, and/or other relevant industry certifications
- Expertise in security topics and best practices; SIEM and infrastructure security tools
- Excellent communication, analysis and project management skills
- Fluency in English; additional language skills such as Spanish, Portuguese, German a plus
- Organizational, planning and prioritization skills, including ability to manage projects
- Occasional domestic and international travel required