New Castle, PA
An established fabrication shop, located near New Castle, PA, is seeking an Industrial Fitter.
- Responsible for laying out and fitting materials, then tacking the materials together to produce a finished product.
- Responsible for flux-core welding and heavy plate and structural fitting.
- Will work from blueprints and shop drawings.
- Lead a Fitter Helper.
- HS Diploma or GED and a minimum of 3-5 years of heavy plate and structural fitting within a heavy fabrication setting
- Must have experience with flux-core welding
- Experience with heat straightening or curving of steel highly desired
- Ability to comprehend blueprints and shop drawings, and understand weld symbols
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools
- Must possess a knowledge of both basic and complex math skills (geometry, algebra, trigonometry)
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Must be able to safely operate overhead cranes
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm, plus possible OT and weekends