Industrial Maintenance Electrician
New Castle, PA
An established fabrication shop, located near New Castle, PA, is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Electrician.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and/or repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, in accordance with relevant codes along with general maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment (i.e. cranes, forklifts).
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with relevant codes.
- Use testing devices to diagnose problems with wiring, fixtures, or other electrical equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot wiring problems, install wiring in existing buildings and make repairs.
- Replace and repair defective elements using various types of hand or power tools.
- Install and service industrial motors, lighting, and electrical control systems, and keep machines and mechanical equipment in good working condition.
- Responsible for the LOTO (lock out tag out) of units not performing correctly to ensure circuits are proven to be de-energized prior to repairs being initiated.
- General building repair and maintenance.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree in Maintenance Electricity, or related Technical field required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with 230 volt DC controls and 480 volt AC, three phase system in a heavy plate and structural steel fabricating environment
- General aptitude for repairing small motors, forklifts, etc.
- Must be comfortable with heights, climbing ladders, and operating industrial lifts
- May have to work in a cramped space or on scaffolding, and may be frequently bending, squatting, or kneeling, to make connections in awkward locations
- Must know how to use hand and power tools
- Must possess a knowledge of basic math skills
- Must be able to safely operate overhead cranes
- Must be a self-starting individual able to work independently
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm, plus possible OT and weekends for emergencies