Industrial Packaging Designer
A specialty manufacturing company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Industrial Packaging Designer.
- Work with Application and/or Development Engineers to design, engineer and document mechanical and packaging aspects of projects, including structure, assembly and other aspects of the design required.
- Work closely with graphics designers to design product logos and labels. This includes specification of product colors on RGB, CMYK, and Pantone color scales.
- Work with product suppliers and assemblers of packaging and enclosures to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Design and selection of HMI components including membranes, handles, harnesses, boots, etc. used with wireless industrial electronic devices.
- Analysis and selection and/or design of support structures for printed circuit boards contained in plastic or stainless steel enclosures.
- Assist in resolution of manufacturing or installation related issues for developed products.
- Perform other related work as assigned by Manager.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree in Industrial-related design is required along with 2+ years related design experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Inventor is required.
- Experience with designing using materials including sheet metal and plastic.
- Experience in mold tool construction and injection molding.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good writing skills and strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.