Inside Counter Salesperson
Robinson Township, PA
An established supply and distribution company, located just west of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Inside Counter Salesperson.
- Will increase sales and customer satisfaction by assisting walk-in and telephone customers in the selection and acquisition of needed products, by applying technical knowledge to satisfy customer needs.
- Provide assistance to customers both in the warehouse (sales counter) and via phone including, but not limited to, price verifications, exchanges and returns, and special orders.
- Enter orders in computer system and follow-up on special requests.
- Process customer returns as necessary and executing prompt and effective resolutions to customer issues, as well as; properly complete necessary paperwork neatly and according to company policy.
- Maintain working relationships with vendors and customers to ensure customer service.
- Maintain daily contact with customers to provide information, build and maintain relationships and provide positive feedback to management.
- Select the correct product from stock.
- Receive payment or obtain credit information.
- Maintain counter area displays of merchandise in an orderly and attractive manner.
- Determine product required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional products related to customer’s order.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety standards and adheres to all safety policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree and minimum of 2 years of related inside sales experience within a wholesale distribution company
- Knowledge of plumbing products, including pipe, valves and fittings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to effectively utilize the Company’s inventory and logistics system (Eclipse)
- Ability to effectively operate motorized and manual lifting devices, and forklift (certification preferred)
- Ability to effectively operate a cash register, credit card system and/or bar code scanner
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
- Must have good communication, customer service and sales skills
- Valid Pennsylvania driver's license
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm