Instrument Technician (Scientific)
A specialty consulting firm, located east of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Instrument Technician.
- Will perform instrument repair and maintenance to ensure safety and reliability of the scientific and specialized instruments while minimizing downtime.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered with test equipment
- Maintain, repair and make adjustments to instruments as needed
- Work with lab personnel to isolate and repair instruments
- Engage in safe work practices on improvements to equipment fabrication, installation and operation to ensure a safe laboratory environment
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of previous experience as an Electron Optics Instrument Technician or related position
- Experience in servicing electron microscopes (TEMs, SEMs, STEMs) and ancillary equipment
- Experience in vacuum systems
- Experience in electron beam instruments and associated systems
- Demonstrated troubleshooting experience
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to perform efficiently multiple tasks
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (flexible hours), plus possible OT