Instrumentation & Controls Design Specialist
An international engineering firm is seeking an Instrumentation & Controls Design Specialist for their Pittsburgh office.
- The I&C Design Specialist will provide engineering design packages to customers that are practical, accurate, and NEC (National Electric Code) compliant.
- To accomplish this, the employee will work in conjunction with the lead electrical engineer and other engineering disciplines to develop design packages consisting of electrical, instrumentation and control drawings, and spreadsheets.
- Aid in the preparation of master Instrument and I/O database.
- Aid in the preparation of the Instrument and I/O list.
- Creates power distribution and I/O drawings.
- Creates power/control panel layout drawing, terminal layout drawings and BOM.
- Creates instrument power plans, loop drawings and cable list.
- Prepares instrument mounting details with the aid of the Instrument Engineer.
- Must constantly review all aspects of a design to assure NEC compliance.
- Review client specs and vendor documentation to develop an accurate design.
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Controls or Similar Engineering is preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in electrical design or a related discipline is required for this position
- Proficient use of AutoCAD is required.
- Use of AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD P&ID, Plant 3D is a plus.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (mainly Excel)
- Participate in meetings and discussions with department to collaborate on the progress of an assignment.
- May collaborate with other engineers on design specifics and share knowledge with others in the department.
- Team problem solving will help assure work production, and quality is maintained.
- Should have good written communication skills to be able to communicate ideas through internal memoranda.
- Projects last anywhere from three to six months with two or three projects overlapping at a time.
- Must prioritize work in order to make deadlines.