An established architectural firm, located just south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Interior Designer.
- Lead teams on interior architecture projects.
- Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction documents, and management of budgets and schedules.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Lead project teams in furniture systems selection process and specifications.
- Provide project team coordination for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Work with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Monitor fees and contracts for projects.
- Manage project scheduling, budgeting and consultant engineers.
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
- Participate in business development marketing efforts on occasion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or related field from an accredited school is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, with a focus on educational or healthcare interiors, required
- Software skills required are Sketch Up, Revit, Adobe software, and Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
- Outstanding conceptual 3 dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Strong organizational communication and relationship skills
- NCIDQ Certification or Architecture License a plus
- LEED Accreditation is beneficial
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm