Junior Buyer / Planner
A global supplier of specialty components, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Junior Buyer / Planner.
- Responsibilities include coordinating with production, materials, quality and finance departments to improve operational efficiencies, reporting, ERP system integrity, and maintain quality mission of manufacturing of effective customer parts.
- Review ERP reports to determine component material purchases.
- Perform purchasing functions based in accordance with ERP requirements, including but not limited to quoting, purchase order creation, securing signature approvals, placing orders with suppliers and expediting when needed.
- Support Operations & Materials Managers on quality, price, and delivery objectives.
- Establish long term agreements with suppliers, with price reduction incentives.
- Manage a single commodity of suppliers.
- Perform customer contract reviews to determine new component and outside processing requirements.
- Create new part numbers and bills of material.
- Maintain outside service quality objectives and monthly reporting.
- Travel to supplier sites and perform audit of processes.
- Associates Degree in Business and a minimum of 2 years' experience in supply chain, i.e. purchasing and planning within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Internet software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software; ERP system experience, preferably Syteline or comparable.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or APICS practice
- CPM/CPSM certification from Institute of Supply Management a plus
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm