An established equipment engineering and manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Logistics Assistant.
- Will assist the Logistics Manager with various shipping, receiving and warehousing duties.
- Unloading of all incoming deliveries, from small package to truck loads.
- Cross check all packing lists vs. materials received and document any discrepancies.
- Enter receipt in Navision ERP system.
- Prepare documentation and packaging of all small package shipment; i.e. UPS, Federal Express, and others.
- Prepare documentation and packaging of LTL (less than truck load) shipments.
- Contact carriers and schedule pickups for the packages.
- Assist with packaging and loading of major equipment / truck load shipment.
- Verify packaging and shipping labels are adequate.
- Maintain inventory of all shipping supplies and standard shop supplies.
- Maintain all documentation files.
- Light building maintenance.
- HS Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of shipping and receiving experience required
- Ability to operate a forklift; forklift certification preferred
- Good computer skills and can be trained on additional software applications
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with changing dynamics
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm