Machine Operator / Production
A specialized contractor, located just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Machine Operator / Production Worker.
- Produce finished components by assembling of parts for subassemblies.
- Position, align, fit, rivet and weld parts to form complete units or sub-units, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as handbrakes, hand rolls, shears, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Read and comprehend fabrication drawings.
- Study engineering drawings, blueprints, and layouts to confirm materials requirements and task sequences.
- Maintain Quality Control through In-Line QC Inspection instructions.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, measuring tapes, gauges, and meters.
- Identify and tag needed parts for Material Processing, Paint Department & Final Assembly.
- Able to prepare parts for Material Processing, Paint Department & Final Assembly.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree, and a minimum of 3-5 years of related fabrication and production experience
- Able to operate handbrakes, hand rolls, shears, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, squares, rulers, measuring tapes, gauges, and meters or otherwise able to form and assemble metal components
- Ability to comprehend drawings and blueprints
- Good computer skills; and MRP experience would be a plus
- Must have a good attitude
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 5:00am-3:20pm