Managed Services Network Engineer
An established managed services company, located throughout the area, is seeking a Managed Services Network Engineer
- Provide front line services to the company’s ever-expanding client base.
- Will work with clients to install, maintain, and troubleshoot various network and IT-related elements in a skilled and professional manner.
- Work in collaboration with other internal Managed Services team members as well as customer third party vendors.
- Provide setup and support for primarily Cisco network hardware and software appliances.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of routing, switching, wireless, basic firewalling, and next-generation firewall systems.
- Evaluate client systems and recommend upgrades.
- Perform in-house, on-site and remote computer and network services.
- Troubleshoot traffic flow.
- Direct the Process and Logistics team in coordinating and performing tasks required for successful completion of projects, complex workflows, and troubles.
- Document Clients’ Networks.
- May act as a Lead Engineer on assigned projects.
- AS or BS Degree in Networking, or related IT field, and 2-5 years of related experience
- Current Cisco CCNA and CCNP certifications preferred
- Must have experience with enterprise-level network design, engineering, and administration
- Must have experience with common networking devices such as firewalls, switches, and fabric interconnects (Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto)
- Must have experience with interfacing with customers to evaluate networking needs or requirements and explain technical terms to non-technical users or stakeholders
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Meraki, Palo Alto preferred
- Experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches preferred
- Experience with Cisco AP's and Wireless Controllers, Meraki Wireless preferred
- Experience with PRTG, and/or other SNMP monitoring platforms preferred