Manufacturing / Maintenance Engineer
North Versailles, PA
A well-respected and established manufacturing company, located near North Versailles, PA, is seeking a hands-on Manufacturing / Maintenance Engineer.
- Troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and maintain our production equipment.
- This role requires deep understanding of mechanical, electrical, and building systems.
- Design and upgrade production equipment.
- Develop specifications and guide decisions for new machine purchases.
- Plan and coordinate projects and team activities.
- Repair, refurbish, and upgrade production equipment such as punch presses, press brakes, lathes, mills, cranes, forklifts, test equipment, building systems and more.
- Solve complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and control problems.
- Assist other team members with technical knowhow.
- Read and interpret technical documentation such as: drawings, service manuals, sketches, electrical diagrams, hydraulic diagrams, etc.
- Rebuild complex components such as gear drives, pumps, and hydraulic valves.
- Research technical information and specs. Document and organize repair records.
- Communicate repair plans with affected production team members.
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent along with at least 5 years engineering experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate and operate in a team environment
- Proficient computer skills; MS Word and Excel as well as CAD experience, preferably AutoCAD and Inventor
- Frequent lifting of tools, parts, and materials (70 pounds)
- Frequent physical activity such as bending, climbing, twisting, and standing.
- Exposure to outdoor climate, office, warehouse and shop working conditions.
- Occasional working at height on scissor lifts or ladders.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record