An established and growing manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Will provide technical support to the Manufacturing Engineering Team, production operations and personnel, and is involved in the design and implementation of manufacturing automation and process initiatives.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency through analysis and planning of work flow, space requirements, plant and equipment layout.
- Initiate, support and measure productivity and process improvements.
- Identify and implement lean manufacturing opportunities.
- Assess machinery and tooling, and coordinate low-level purchases.
- Support large capital project initiatives.
- Create and administer automation solutions.
- Support the design and implementation of fixturing for assembly operations.
- Develop and document operational procedures compliant to ISO 9001-2015.
- Support implementation of ERP processes (Infor Syteline).
- Develop assembly instructions for specific processes as required.
- Develop and maintain production training documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Industrial or Mechanical preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the manufacturing engineering field, preferably in an assembly and machining environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification highly preferred
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- History of successful productivity improvements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with production methods such as injection molding, stampings and extrusions as well as machining and fabricating technology
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills for implementation of new methods
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm