Mechanical Design Engineer
An established equipment engineering and manufacturing company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Responsible for generating mechanical designs and thorough Bills of Material of processing equipment.
- Responsible for machinery design to meet the plant needs from chemical unload through forming the customer’s final completed product.
- Develop specifications, create machine design concepts, and produce detailed drawings.
- Engineering tasks assignments will include specifying chemical process components, calculating pump size, pipe pressure loss, determining heat load and heat transfer of liquid process systems, writing operating sequence of mechanical, hydraulic or liquid process systems, analyzing structural static and dynamic loading, and sizing of rotary and linear driven mechanisms.
- Project CAD assignments will include creating 3D models and drawings sufficient for fabrication of parts, assembly of machines, and field installation at plants throughout North America.
- Also involved in estimating of design time and materials prior to equipment sales.
- Projects will occur simultaneously and must complete within schedules and budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 2-4 years’ experience in an industrial machinery design group
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Creo, and/or Microstation 3D modeling
- Ability to comprehend and build on past equipment designs
- Average travel less than 15% for the purpose of collecting field data, instructing installation laborers, and start up assistance
- Periodic training in Germany is required
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm