Cranberry Township, PA
A world class manufacturer and supplier of steel-making technology is seeking a Mechanical Designer at their facility located north of Pittsburgh.
- Draft and prepare drawings using AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and manual (on paper) drafting techniques.
- Prepare and design drawings from concept sketches and marked-up drawings.
- Create concept sketches from site visits or customer meetings.
- Support Technical Sales Department including estimates, field work, and other general technical support.
- Provide technical support for production.
- Check and back-check drawings.
- Maintain Engineering Department electronic and paper drawing files.
- Revise marked-up drawings.
- Have extensive knowledge and responsibility for setting up BOM’s, routings, and part numbers in the computer ERP system.
- Assist in creating, entering, and maintaining all required ISO-related Engineering Department documentation.
- Attend seminars and continuing education classes, and review technical publications industry current
- Associates’ Degree in Mechanical Drafting and Design, and a minimum of 2 years of mechanical drafting and design experience, preferably within the steel industry required
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop and Inventor software to prepare drawings
- Ability to use Solid Edge software to create 3-D models
- Proficiency in using manual drafting tools to revise and prepare drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and ERP software
- Basic understanding of metal foundry operations and procedures
- Understanding of ISO quality control system procedures and requirements
- Basic understanding of TIG, MIG, SMAW, and Flux-Core welding techniques
- Basic understanding of metal machining and Machine Shop measurement systems (example: micrometers)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Some travel required, approximately 5-10%
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, with extra hours as necessary