Robinson Township, PA
A worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and supply of machinery for the metallurgical and automotive industry, is seeking a Mechanical Drafter at its Pittsburgh facility, located near Robinson Township.
- Liaise with engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Create detailed designs with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software
- Create 2D and 3D fabrication drawings using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software
- Create general arrangement drawings that meet customer specifications
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- AS Degree in Drafting / Design is preferred along with at least 1 year of proven work experience as a drafter within a manufacturing, industrial and/or mechanical capacity.
- Hands-on experience with Inventor and AutoCAD software
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D modeling tools
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is a plus