MES Implementation Engineer / IT Support Specialist
Robinson Township, PA
An established manufacturer, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking an MES Implementation Engineer / IT Support Specialist.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining technology products in 2 locations as well as providing services related to software, hardware, databases, networks and enterprise systems in multiple locations.
- Maintain infrastructure for 2 partnered but geographically distant organizations. Continuously assess infrastructure to ensure requirements and demands are being met.
- Work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, for the correct implementation of integration of new systems.
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and provide technical support to employees and training sessions.
- Provide SAP technical support to our management staff as well as other ‘stand-alone’ software platforms.
- Develop the integration of SAP to drive automated shop floor machinery and provide daily manufacturing operation support.
- Specify and implement an MES system that will help facilitate SAP to manufacturing equipment integration and provide a highly visible, paper free production process.
- Work with department managers to document and overcome SAP inefficiencies including daily functionality and reporting requirements.
- Facilitate the process of gathering and documenting business requirements.
- Schedule Quality Assurance Activities to verify requirements have been met.
- Facilitate communication between all groups involved to coordinate the transfer of technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Industry certifications or advanced level coursework is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years managing IT projects in support of a manufacturing organization.
- Have experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software package. Having SAP project experience is a significant advantage.
- Have substantial experience working with various software and hardware types.
- Experience of working in a VMware environment an advantage.
- Experience working on and supporting Microsoft’s Suite of products.
- Have excellent IT, communication, leadership and management skills.
- Have the ability to work on several projects simultaneously, covering multiple locations.
- Must be able to work both in the USA and Canada; approximately 25% travel expected.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm