New Kensington, PA
An established global manufacturer, located in north of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an Operations Superintendent.
- Will report to the Plant Manager, and will have regular interaction with Operations Supervisors, Production Planners, Quality Managers, Metallurgists and Maintenance Manager, Vendors and Contract personnel.
- Direct, manage, and coordinate all operating responsibilities for the rolling and slitting assets with responsibility for safety, environmental, quality and productivity in a 24 x 7 operating environment.
- Drive improvements of all Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) metrics for the operations.
- Drive improvements in equipment reliability with direct involvement all maintenance and process control and automation (PC&A) activities.
- Ensure contract and personnel issues are handled uniformly throughout the department and working with local USWA representatives to resolve grievances within the organization.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related technical field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Operating Manager / Supervisor in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the steel/metals industry
- Must have experience working in a union environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to summarize and present clear and concise reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to be on call during the evenings and weekends