Cranberry Township, PA
A specialized engineering and equipment company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Panel Wireman.
- Assemble sub-panel, electrical components, control cabinets to engineering specifications.
- Layout, drill and tap, assemble and wire panels and sub panels according to engineering specifications.
- Working knowledge of Rigid and EMT Conduit
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment such as foam machine or motor and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, amp meter and continuity light.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% domestically.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience
- Must be able to read wiring schematics, assembly blueprints and ladder logic
- Must have strong electro-mechanical skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, stoop and bend frequently
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm