Plant Maintenance Manager
An established metallurgical company, located near Zanesville, OH, is seeking a Plant Maintenance Manager.
- Direct maintenance programs and processes of the assigned plant to ensure timely and effective production.
- Manage department supervisory and support staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, approximately 30 employees.
- Coordinate with other management staff to ensure efficiency in preventative maintenance and new equipment installation.
- Lead preventive and predictive maintenance/process reliability.
- Act as role model in the adherence to our safety and environmental standards, ensuring that all health/safety and environmental rules and regulations are always adhered to by all members of the department.
- Development and training of team members including coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Participates and/or leads initiatives for capital project and problem-solving activities.
- Assures purchasing functions follow established policies and procedures.
- Support, maintain, and improve processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system.
- Lead the department by proactively resolving employee issues, building team work, and ensuring adherence to all applicable policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Facilities Engineering) preferred; Associate Degree required
- Five years’ experience as key maintenance leader in manufacturing facility, preferably a Union plant
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and basic PLC programming/troubleshooting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel required
- Ability to physically perform requirements of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include ability to work in extreme temperatures and be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces
- Ability to motivate, engage and develop strong teams
- Strong decision and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and follow through skills required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, will be on-call since it is a 24/7 operation