Plumbing / Fire Protection Designer
An established engineering firm, located east of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Plumbing / Fire Protection Designer.
- Responsible for the mechanical design of plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Perform service and pipe sizing for water, sanitary, storm systems, etc. within facilities.
- Responsible for fire protection design, i.e. sprinkler head layouts, piping design, hydraulic calculations, etc.
- Develop construction documents.
- Will utilize both AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Interact with clients and members of the MEP design and engineering team.
- Associates Degree in Drafting and Design is required along with at least 2 years of related design experience within commercial, institutional, and/or educational buildings.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and MS Office.
- Candidate must have exposure to plumbing and/or fire protection systems design and specifications.
- Must be familiar with applicable codes and general engineering practices.
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm