An established Mechanical Contractor, located just east of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Plumbing Estimator.
- Provide full and accurate estimating services on all types of construction projects assigned.
- Quantify project quantities using on-screen and manual take-off tools.
- Periodically meet with owners, managers and design team representatives to review estimates, value engineering and project fit.
- Responsible for reviewing the preliminary plans and architectural drawings for each project.
- Review design plans and specifications to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Visit construction sites, making note of the geographical features of the sites, access to infrastructure (roads, electricity, sewer, etc.) and existing building conditions. Attend pre-bid site inspections and pre-bid meetings as required.
- Take into account all the materials, equipment, labor, tools, and any other resources needed to complete construction. All of these details come together to make a comprehensive cost estimate for the construction project.
- Preparation of bid documentation.
- Attend post-bid and client negotiation meetings.
- Preparation of various cost budgets.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and equipment vendors.
- Remain involved in projects to help maintain the profit margin and to handle any changes in the original estimates.
- In addition to monetary costs, must take into account the duration, scope, and potential profitability of new projects or products.
- Prepare and present requests for design information and bid qualifications.
- Facilitate final estimate review sessions with management; as required.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree required
- 2-5 years of related commercial plumbing estimating experience required; any HVAC estimating experience a plus
- Solid knowledge of the construction process
- Proficient with Quotesoft (or equivalent) for collecting detailed take-offs
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, etc.
- Must have a strong understanding of drawings and blueprints; AutoCAD experience highly desired
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm