An established manufacturer, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced Process Engineer.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing process improvements in the Hydrotreater and service department areas.
- Will review daily operation of the production unit to optimize efficiency, yield and production quality.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all plant processes.
- Provide the necessary engineering for the detailed design of process improvement projects.
- Develop, maintain, upgrade and utilize DCS to make process improvements and assist with operation of the unit.
- Perform LOPA, HazOp, PHA, FMEA as necessary.
- Understand and meet all requirements of the Plant Process Safety Management Program.
- Maintain knowledge of OSHA regulations as they relate to projects.
- Develop material and energy balances.
- Maintain knowledge of Statistical Process Control principles used for process improvements.
- Participate actively with capital projects and turnarounds.
- Assist with sizing, selecting, specifying process equipment and instrumentation.
- Investigate and offer engineering corrections for operational problems to promote optimum process performance.
- Ensure proper MOC, PSSR, and other required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Train and mentor other engineers, supervisors and operators.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited university in Chemical Engineering required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar industry (petrochemical, chemicals, refinery, etc.).
- Working experience of DCS systems, preferably Honeywell.
- Familiarity with API and ASME Standards.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Word and Excel.
- Operations technical support and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively voice ideas and concerns.
- Unionized environment experience a plus.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Requires lifting up to 20 pounds. Requires walking, standing, climbing ladders and stairs. Provides 24/7 operations technical support and troubleshooting.