An established metallurgical company, located near Zanesville, OH, is seeking a Process Engineer.
- Develop and optimize continuous production and manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality, efficiency and cost goals of the organization.
- Lead and/or support incremental improvement initiatives to optimize existing processes.
- Collect production data and apply standard scientific and statistical methods to analyze, document, and diagram production processes.
- Identify process bottlenecks and devise solutions to resolve.
- Recommend changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy and raw materials.
- Ensure compliance with Company and regulatory safety and environmental standards.
- Serve as Quality Manager back-up when needed.
- BS Degree in Metallurgical Engineering required; MS or MBA plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience required
- Strong extractive metallurgical process and technical skills required
- Manufacturing experience a plus, especially Union plant experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 procedures, OSHA and EPA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Project
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Approximately 10% travel required
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, with the possibility of being on-call for emergencies