A specialized manufacturing company, located near Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a Product Engineer.
- The Product Engineer specifies product function and performance requirements to meet customer expectations and establish functional requirements for purchasing, construction, testing and application of finished product and components.
- Determine customer and industry needs for product function and performance.
- Create product function and performance requirements for design and development.
- Plan and manage project schedules.
- Assure all design engineering is complete and meets quality, manufacturing and industry standards as well as performance requirements.
- Develop testing requirements and coordinate testing schedules with supervisor of testing facility and applicable observers.
- Conduct design reviews with manufacturing, quality and purchasing to ensure all requirements are specified and manufacturing process for products is optimized.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable technologies and developments to be applied to existing and new products.
- Perform design analyses and work with manufacturing and purchasing to cost reduce new and existing products while ensuring product requirements are met.
- Ensure quality plan meets product requirements.
- Interface with customers’ technical personnel to determine customer requirements and ensure proper application of products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required; Mechanical Engineering preferred. 5-10 years’ hands on experience in a similar position or discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ related engineering experience, preferably with background in existing rail industry technologies.
- Project management/supervision experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in product development with minimal cycle time, including cost effectiveness, market acceptance, and approval (customer/regulatory body) of products.
- 5 years’ experience and/or training in material and manufacturing processes necessary for product design, CAD and design layout.
- Ability to perform computer modeling and simulation, solid modeling and finite element analysis, product prototyping and testing.
- Knowledge of application of product devices in customers’ railcar, AAR & APTA specifications and requirements.
- Strong technical, verbal, written, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills.