Robinson Township, PA
An established manufacturing company, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Production Manager.
- Will oversee a growing, fast-paced, and technologically advanced production facility.
- Will manage all aspects of production including planning, scheduling, execution, and assignment of daily work schedules.
- Ensure that production employees work at the highest efficiency while following company safety and quality rules.
- Oversee and support a workforce of 30+ employees in the manufacturing department.
- Devise production plans to meet daily production demands.
- Lead work center Kaizen events to overcome production obstacles.
- Devise and implement work center visual management and KPI’s, and communicate to management.
- Continue and improve 5s initiatives.
- Ensure employees have the tools to be successful with communication to Engineering and/or upper Management as needed.
- Oversee the safety training of all production employees.
- Build area leads to implement a floor to management communication structure.
- Ability to plan for and overcome production capacity swings with minimal overtime.
- Provides clear communication to sales about lead times and late shipments.
- Act on Engineering Change Requests for production as needed.
- Identify problems utilizing root cause analysis and organize plans to overcome.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree in Management, Industrial Technology, Engineering Technology, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using SAP a plus
- Working lean methodology and implementation experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Analytical problem solver
- Able to work with minimal supervision and accomplish goals in a timely manner
- Effective communicator and ability to work in a group setting
- Expected travel will be about 10-15%
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm