A specialized medical development company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Production Planner.
- Prepares and schedules Customer product processing and shipping.
- Prepares and schedules mapping process runs; calculates product and process bulk densities; determines optimal product loading configurations.
- Coordinates with Customers regarding all stages of product scheduling, processing and shipping.
- Assists in the preparation of processing documentation.
- Determines processing priorities by maintaining a master database of Customer deliveries, Customer inventories, and Customer shipments; planning the most economical and optimal schedule considering the Customer requirements, quality standards, and current availability of equipment, materials and manpower.
- Publishes processing schedule by identifying products, process sequences, tests, and completion times including all supporting documentation and instructions.
- Contributes to accurate material handling and processing by maintaining the master inventory database and assisting in the preparation of process run documentation and Certificate of Processing documentation. Develops and revises product palletization specifications.
- Assists in process discrepancy resolution and corrective action implementation.
- Maintains process schedule continuity by monitoring processing runs and Customer inventory and revises schedule accordingly.
- Coordinates with Customer by providing timely and accurate processing and shipping status information as required.
- Contributes to more accurate estimation of process cycle times and price quotations by maintaining historical process run database.
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience required
- Experience with production planning and inventory management
- Must have good computer skills; proficiency with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Must have good math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm