Cranberry Township, PA
A manufacturer and supplier of steel-making technology is seeking a Production Planner at their facility located north of Pittsburgh.
- Enter all daily transactions within company ERP system with a specific focus on accuracy and meeting time sensitive benchmarks (operation move transactions, scrap transactions, ship transactions, and transfer orders).
- Work with shop floor to resolve time sensitive problems while maintaining system data integrity.
- Format and print production schedules on a daily basis which are to be distributed to Production Planning Manager.
- Research discrepancies and issues relating to operation move transactions, scrap transactions, ship transactions, and transfer orders.
- Create job order packets on a daily basis. Job order packets should include job order, drawings, and entry into Shop-Trac labor management system.
- Update job order packets immediately after release of receipt of production release email from Engineering.
- Place purchase order requisitions into company ERP system for tooling and other shop consumables.
- Follow up with vendors on all late and upcoming purchase orders to ensure timely deliveries are met.
- Keep a documented log of late purchase orders organized by vendor.
- Maintain ISO goals in regards to on time shipping performance, on time purchase order deliveries, and on time job completion.
- Update job routings to generate demand, when deemed necessary to outsource machining and fabrication of parts.
- Obtain output information and document on Production Output spreadsheet.
- Generate inventory cycle counts on a weekly basis and distribute to material handling department.
- Schedule pickup of scrap material one week prior to every month end.
- Run month end inventory reconciling reports for Production Planning Manager to review.
- Assist on projects focused on increasing production efficiency and flow.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree and a minimum of 2 years of production planning and expediting experience
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation
- Strong knowledge in the use of creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm