Cranberry Township, PA
An established manufacturing company, located north of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Quality Engineer.
- Responsible for the completion of all quality testing, measurement and calibration as documented in Company’s quality management system.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and analyzing foundry system operations based on quality data collected. The Quality Engineer must determine and implement the exact needs of the client, based on Company procedures.
- Responsible for client needs in pattern layout and first article casting inspection.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager with the implementation and delivery of AS9100, Rev. D quality system.
- Performs other related responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Quality Manager.
- AS or BS Degree in an technical field such as Engineering or Metrology required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related quality experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform various quality inspections, including sand, metal and equipment calibration
- Strong background in AutoCAD and SolidWorks modeling
- Must be proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Proficiency in operating a CMM machine to perform 1st article inspections a plus
- Familiarity with aluminum castings concepts, practices and procedures a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and also be able to work independently
- Must be able to multitask and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The employee will be exposed to an environment where hearing, eye safety and safety shoes with metatarsals are required
Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 11:00pm-7:00am (Training will be Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm)