New Castle, PA
An established fabrication shop, located near New Castle, PA, is seeking a Quality Inspector.
- Responsible for assuring consistent quality of production, validating processes, providing documentation, managing staff, performing random inspections of in-process activities to assure proper workmanship, and completing final inspections to assure all fabrication is in accordance with contractual documents and customer specifications.
- Develop inspection plans based on code and customer requirements.
- Perform complete layout inspections.
- Verify all outgoing products.
- Report quality findings and maintain inspection records.
- Monitor all processes of production.
- HS Diploma and/or AS Degree and a minimum 3-5 years of quality inspection experience within a fabrication shop required
- Must have welding experience (FCAW, SMAW, TIG)
- CWI-Certified Welding Inspector a plus
- SSPC - Society for Protective Coatings Inspector a plus
- Must be able to interpret blueprint drawings and sketches
- Must be able to use precise machinist gauges (micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Must possess strong math skills, along with geometry/trigonometry
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Good computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm, plus possible OT and occasional Saturdays