R & D Test Supervisor
A specialized manufacturing company, located near Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a R & D Test Supervisor.
- Directs the operations of the R&D test lab. This includes the supervision, planning, design, and execution of necessary research and tests to meet company, industry, and customer specific standards.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe test environment.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work and test environment.
- Engineering department liaison with internal customers and departments, external customers, and industry regulatory bodies regarding the development and execution of tests.
- Evaluate test requests to develop plans, including: instrumentation hardware and software requirements, appropriate time schedule and manpower needs.
- Create specific plans for test set up and data acquisition. Oversees appropriate operation of test machines, equipment, and personnel.
- Responsible for recommending new instrumentation, data acquisition technologies, and all other resource requirements.
- Oversee development of data acquisition software and writing of specific programs and procedures for projects as needed.
- Oversee design and maintenance of test equipment, including: electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems; and computer hardware and software.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of test and related data.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local and industry requirements for successful completion of tests.
- Perform engineering projects as assigned by the Director, End-of-Car Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or relevant technical training.
- 5 years’ applicable experience in a similar position or discipline.
- Excellent leadership, communication, planning, and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of electronic, electrical, and hydraulic systems and technology; strain gage and associated techniques; load cell design; and various test equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of industry specifications and requirements (AAR, Transit/APTA, UIC, etc.).
- Knowledge of application products and devices for the freight, transit, and locomotive industries.
- Able to perform solid modeling and CAD drawing to support engineering tasks and the development of test equipment.
- Seminars or courses required to keep current on software, equipment, and techniques associated with job.