Regional Business Controller
A specialized contractor, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Regional Business Controller.
- Will be responsible for leading the financial planning and analysis function with a key accountability managing the financials for the Regional Sales and Service Centers and completing the monthly / quarterly forecast / annual budget, and other management reporting.
- Manage financial management activities for Regional Sales and Service Center in support of delivering business strategies and achieving performance targets.
- Responsible for the financial part of project Management, project Accounting and reporting for Mid- and Long-term Operational Business Projects and installations.
- Manage the pipeline, order entry and backlog for Mid- and Long-term Operational Business Projects and installations.
- Provide support in regular financial closing, reporting and forecasting (projects & installations) cycle to ensure appropriate review, governance and decision support requirements.
- Compile and generate value-added management reporting package for the business based on new business and finance requirements and under changing environment.
- Developing budget models and budget roll ups, facilitating the budgeting, forecasting consolidation process across the organization and coordinating the budget.
- Provide expert advice and analytical support to commercial and support functions by proactively identifying opportunities and raising challenges to meet business objectives and mitigate risks.
- Provide financial analysis using internal and external information and closely coordinate with all customer groups for achievement of organizational objectives.
- Provide expert advice and financial analysis on ad hoc initiatives such as tender and access pricing, new product introduction, new sales channels, new account management system etc.
- Provide analytical and financial support as needed to strategic activities such as business development, due diligence, third party deals or partnerships, business evaluation and divestment proposals and ensure smooth transition and execution of related deal activities.
- Educate customer groups on financial aspects of business decisions and resource allocations.
- Conduct ad hoc in-depth financial analysis to support business requirements or decision-making.
- Execute simplification projects and implementation of best practices for continuous improvement in both business and finance organization’s ways of working.
- Participate in various Regional / Global / Local Business or Finance Projects to ensure input & full accountability from Finance.
- Assist the Regional Vice President and Group Business Controller in the preparation, collection, consolidation & analysis of budget figures & forecasts.
- May assist with the preparation financial reports:
- Assist the Treasurer (hedging information & cash) and Group Business Controller in providing relevant & timely financial information.
- Collect, & consolidate financial reports. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems. Analyze & explain evolution of figures.
- Collect, check, rework & consolidate Projects sales & Contribution Margin (sales, margins, orders, backlog, payment terms). Perform sanity check on the figures.
- Perform reconciliations between the different Project reports, supervise the corrections.
- Collection & consolidate various other reports (headcount, capex, sales KPI, forecasts, operational KPI, etc.).
- Consolidate & regularly update management PowerPoint presentations
- BS or MS Degree in Accounting and minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in accounting and finance, preferably with a publicly traded international organization in the sectors of construction, manufacturing, or management consulting
- Strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX) and MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Navision, Sigma (Consolidation & Intercompany), QlikView, and SharePoint are pluses
- Good and up-to-date knowledge of accounting and financial principles, experience of IFRS is a plus
- Experience prioritizing multiple deliverables simultaneously, hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energize others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent planning and administration skills
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20%, both domestic and international
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm