An established and growing Pittsburgh accounting firm is seeking a Senior Auditor.
- Serve the needs of clients by planning and performing audits, reviews, and compilations. Coordinate with the Manager or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling.
- Exercise independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence.
- Evaluate the client’s system of internal control, and conduct the engagement plan, preparation, and execution.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, reflective of the Firm, at all times.
- BA or BS in Accounting along with 3-5 years of public accounting audit experience is required, CPA a plus.
- Should have some staff supervision experience.
- Experience with GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards), not-for-profit, and investment company auditing is preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to travel to client sites is required (mainly local, occasional overnight).