Shipper / Receiver
Robinson Township, PA
An established engineering and manufacturing company, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Shipper / Receiver.
- Prepare records of receipt of incoming material and equipment and post open orders of suppliers.
- Perform all outbound shipments both direct and indirect.
- Pull orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipments.
- Prepare records, packing slips, and bills of lading for all outbound material and equipment.
- Receive goods, check and count all items unloaded from inbound traffic.
- Check suppliers’ count and report discrepancies to purchasing office.
- Actively participate in physical inventory and cycle counting efforts. Perform recounts on cycle counts and investigate corrective actions.
- Perform all inbound receipts both direct and indirect.
- Process all transactions dealing with material receipts and misc. material receipts.
- Move received items to shelve or person. Process receivers to accounting department.
- Collect information for damage claims on in-transit damage.
- Maintain appropriate filing system and records to support warehouse and receiving process.
- Perform housekeeping duties to all storage areas.
- Responsible for helping in maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventive maintenance and repairs.
- High School Diploma with at least 2 years of related shipping, receiving, warehousing and logistics experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with UPS and FedEx shipping software
- Must have good computer skills; i.e. MS Office and MRP software
- Must have good communication skills; will be communicating via phone and email
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, plus possible OT