Robinson Township, PA
An established manufacturing firm, located west of Pittsburgh, is seeking a Shipping Assistant.
- Responsible for packing and crating all outgoing shipments.
- Weighing and labeling for UPS, DHL, FedEx, and general truck shipments
- Assist with required trucking/transportation online information, paperwork and other documentation, including customs paperwork.
- Stocking of incoming packaging materials.
- Will operate forklift to move material throughout the warehouse.
- Cut lumber and plywood for construction and assembly of crates.
- Assist other departments as necessary to ensure project flow and completion.
- HS Diploma and a minimum of 1 year of shipping experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment required
- Proficiency with MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP knowledge would be a plus
- Ability to use hand and power tools; shipping machinery, i.e. forklift and pallet jacks
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs.; strong manual dexterity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, plus possible OT