Annapolis Junction, MD
A technology services company is seeking a Software Engineer to work on-site at their client facility in Annapolis Junction, MD.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse systems based upon documented requirements.
- Develops software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers: analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes: investigate problem areas.
- Design, develop and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Software reuse, use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) / Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware and software tradeoffs.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating systems.
- Modify existing software to correct errors and to adapt new hardware or to improve its performance.
- Develop data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Design or implement complex database or date repository interfaces/queries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope
- Requires active TS / SCI clearance and Full Scope Polygraph