Structural Steel Detailer
A manufacturer of custom metal products, located east of Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced Structural Steel Detailer.
- Detailer to provide shop ready drawings for approval, coordination, efficient and accurate fabrication of miscellaneous metal and structural steel.
- At times, participating in or responsible for original design.
- Field measure for accuracy in detailing.
- Provide accurate material take-off for purchasing, fabricating, and record keeping.
- At times, purchasing project material and drafting supplies.
- Minimum of an AS Degree with at least 5 years of related structural steel detailing experience.
- Capable of evaluating and gathering information from contract documents, field measurements, conversations and experience to create shop and field ready drawings with minimal supervision.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of materials and requirements in our fabricating process.
- Ability to gather a working knowledge of the many operations of the organization.
- Knowledge of the latest engineering specifications and code requirements.
- Be familiar with specialized techniques of shop fabrication and field construction.
- Skilled in detailing by hand, skill in using AutoCAD; Any experience with Revit / BIM (Building Information Modeling) is a plus
- Hours: Mon – Fri 7:30am – 4pm