Telecommunications Engineer (Avaya)
An established telecommunications company, located south of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an experienced Telecommunications Engineer.
- Responsible for proficient performance of all phases of Avaya Communication Manager and peripheral pre-cut and post-cut installations.
- Professionally complete installations and servicing of communications systems daily.
- Will perform moves, additions and changes on Avaya Communication Manager systems.
- Interface with customers, both onsite and remote, and lead engineers on jobs.
- Recommend solutions to both the sales team and customers.
- Design, manipulate and implement software and hardware solutions.
- Perform station routing, troubleshooting, testing, repair and preventative maintenance of system / station equipment.
- Accurately complete all necessary inputs to company paperwork and software systems.
- AS or BS Degree in related technical field and a minimum of 2-5 years of telephone/PBX and computer hardware/software installation, MAC, convergence, and service experience
- Must have experience with Avaya PBX, Avaya Communication Manager, Aura Messaging, Call Center, Session Manager, and System Manager
- Must have a strong understanding of wiring, networking, telephones and trunking associated with the traditional and converged telephone systems, including H323 and SIP
- Must have field experience installing IP-based systems and a working knowledge of SIP
- Must be able to perform local and remote software changes and repair procedures using appropriate technical documentation
- Avaya Definity experience and certification on Communications Manager preferred
- Obtain and maintain professional industry certifications
- Position will be servicing customers within the tri-state area (40-50% travel) or remote support; must have valid driver’s license
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (subject to change)