Virtual Design Construction ( VDC ) Specialist
An established construction services company, located near Washington, PA, is seeking a Virtual Design Construction (VDC) Specialist.
- The VDC Specialist is involved in the strategy, process, modeling and coordination on projects.
- This person has a thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) computer applications, 3D design, and construction documents.
- The VDC Specialist maintains continuous contact with the VDC Manager, Field Personnel, the Planning/Layout/Design team and Project Support, as well as maintaining professional relationships with designers, owners, and subcontractors.
- Aids in the development of producing, editing and coordinating 3D object-oriented models
- Supports Preconstruction, Pre-Fabrication and Construction teams with model related issues
- Assists Executive Team and Estimating Department with Requests for Proposals and Presentations
- Strategizes project-related modeling / CAD requirements with project teams at job startup
- Implements BIM processes and standards in collaboration with project teams
- Educates Field Personnel on BIM processes and supports project specific BIM efforts
- Attends Virtual Construction, Clash Detection and Coordination meetings
- Performs a variety of Virtual Construction services (e.g. trade coordination, model-based quantity take-off, virtual mock-ups)
- Seeks ways to infuse quality and labor savings into overall BIM efforts
- Assists in the development of the company's BIM related goals, initiatives, and standards
- Adheres to company specific coordination protocols
- Develops new ways to utilize model-based information in various phases of projects
- Associate's Degree in Computer Drafting and Design or certification in Construction Management along with 1 year of experience working with Revit software.
- Exposure to the construction industry is preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and direct experience in Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Microsoft Office, and ability to navigate file sharing sites
- Preferred knowledge of and direct experience in Jobsite Solutions, Fabrication MEP
- Experience with interoffice collaboration
- Possess problem-solving ability and strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrates competency modeling from a 2D document to produce a model
- Competency reading floor plans, sections and elevations
- A strong service-orientation and prior proven success in handling heavy customer service responsibilities
- Competently prioritizes multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention and able to multi-task