Welder / Fabricator
A specialty construction company, located south of Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced Welder / Fabricator.
- Fabricate and repair construction equipment, read blue prints, weld-stick and wire feed, cut steel using an acetylene torch and load/unload trucks of construction equipment.
- Repair and set-up construction equipment to prepare for projects.
- Modify equipment to meet project requirements through an understanding of welding/fabrication practices and mechanics.
- Work with fabrication foreman and other technicians to design and fabricate new and/or to improve construction equipment.
- Special duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and Welding Certification / Diploma along with at least 3 years experience as a welder, competent with stick and wire, plasma and torch.
- Ability to give direction and plan work but also to work independently.
- Fabrication skills including understanding of blueprints (standard and metric), layout and cut using an air, arc and acetylene torch.
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 100 pounds continually
- Able to concentrate at a high degree in a busy and noisy construction environment
- Able to work in all types of weather
Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm