JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
Civil Engineer (Highway)
Robinson Township, PA US
2022-12-19 2023-06-16 Industry: Engineering Job Number: Req-4328 Pay Rate: Negotiable
An established civil engineering firm, with locations in Robinson Township and Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a couple Civil Engineers (Highway).
- Executes assignments requiring a basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the application of these fundamentals to the production of engineering work as it relates to highway design.
- Executes a variety of engineering tasks in support of Project Managers and Senior Engineers, including preparation of reports, investigatory studies, engineering design calculations, and layout of roadway and drainage facilities.
- Tasks involve collection of data, existing condition and alternative analysis evaluation for engineering reports, development of horizontal and vertical alignments, performing cross section and superelevation design, roadside barrier design, ADA curb ramp design, roadway modeling, and providing design support for erosion and sediment control plans, stormwater management plans, right-of-way plans, utility relocation plans, permit application drawings, and traffic related plans.
- Adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Translates design criteria and schematics into completed design.
- Designs component portions of projects of average complexity when assigned.
- Ensures that designs are produced in accordance with client standards and code requirements.
- Produces clean documents and calculations with minimal errors and revisions.
- Completes tasks on or before scheduled amount of time and within budget.
- Adheres to scope of work and seeks approval for work outside of scope.
- Maintains frequent communication with project team members to verify design requirements and identify problems that arise.
- Visits local job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering skills, so as directed by those in supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 3-5 years of related highway design engineering experience; PA Professional Registration highly desired
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads and AutoTAB required
- Experience with Roadway Design and Plan Preparation required with E&S/SWM/NPDES experience a plus
- PennDOT experience highly desired
- Ability to manage and take responsibility of technical work content and tasks
- Proficient with planning, scheduling, cost estimating, conducting, and coordinating detailed phases of engineering projects
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including proposal and report writing
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive, energetic, and cooperative with customers and internal staff
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (Hybrid work schedule available)