An established engineering and manufacturing company, located east of Pittsburgh, is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler.
- Responsible for the electrical and mechanical assembly of laboratory products.
- Assemble products from drawings, schematics, sketches, wiring diagrams, procedures, and verbal and written instructions.
- Use hand tools, electrical and mechanical test/repair equipment, as well as specialty tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- Work to extreme tolerances and small-scale components.
- Perform highly complex assembly and testing processes and troubleshooting.
- Inspect and test assemblies.
- Document all assembly work performed.
- High School Diploma and/or AS Degree in a Technical discipline required
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical and mechanical assembly experience within a manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of vacuum systems, vacuum components, helium leak testing, and the use and handling of compressed gases is considered a plus
- Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Above average math skills, as well as the ability to measure and calculate precisely
- Ability to think methodically, prioritize, and follow up on multiple tasks
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or on a small team
- May be required to wear special personal protective equipment and work inside a Class 1000 cleanroom
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- COVID vaccination required
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, plus possible OT (sometimes on weekends)