An established civil engineering firm, located just south of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking an Engineering Manager.
- Provide leadership, management and oversight of operations, staffing, budgeting and resource allocation of the Engineering department.
- Effectively develop existing clients and pursue new clients for organizational expansion.
- Directly supervise 5-10 employees within the Engineering department. Indirectly supervise 20-40 employees within the Engineering department.
- Oversee training and development of engineering staff to ensure technical proficiency and safety of engineering staff including annual licensing requirements for each state of operation.
- Oversee the effective management of projects including reviewing scope, budget and schedule.
- Oversee the determination of capacity needs of the department including how to effectively meet with clients to understand project needs, expectations and deliverables.
- Meet with Project Managers weekly to discuss projects and anticipated resource allocation and capacity needs.
- Assist Project Managers to effectively prepare scope and budget for proposals.
- Oversee Project Managers and monitor account receivables for department to ensure payment for services is received.
- Ensure effective QA / QC of engineering plans, designs, calculations, and NPDES / ESCGP permits.
- Create and manage to a yearly budget for the department including evaluating equipment needs and costs to present to President and Vice President for capital budgets.
- Ensure team members bill to appropriate job number, task and bill rate.
- Continually review performance of staff providing immediate constructive feedback recognizing what is working as well as ways to do things differently to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency.
- Actively participate in meetings with clients, regulatory officials, public hearing officials, and other project related personnel.
- Provide departmental updates, departmental needs, and business growth recommendations to the VP and President.
- Ability to seal and sign engineering and permitting documents in PA, WV, and OH.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering and 7-10 years of related experience required
- PE registrations in PA, WV and/or OH
- Computer skills required: AutoCAD Civil 3D (preferred) and Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date permitting knowledge at the local, county, state and federal levels
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Minimal travel required throughout the tri-state area
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm