JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
East Liverpool, OH US
2022-07-21 2023-06-02 Industry: Oil and Gas Job Number: Req-4279 Pay Rate: Negotiable
An established company located near East Liverpool, OH, is seeking a Laboratory Supervisor.
- Will provide daily coaching, guidance and direction for the Laboratory staff and ensure resources and tools are a 24/7 service and solution provider for the refinery.
- Provides supervision for 9 Laboratory Analysts and a Laboratory Quality Administrator.
- Creates and maintains work schedules.
- Organizes daily workflow for the Laboratory Analysts.
- Works closely with Operations to define and understand special needs for plant support.
- Coordinates sample scheduling changes.
- Participates in the development and stewardship of capital and expense budgets.
- Serves as the Radiation Safety Officer.
- Develops and maintains laboratory standard operating procedures and continues improvement programs.
- Approves and places orders for laboratory supplies based upon inventory.
- Coordinates outside testing services and communication of sample results.
- Identifies gaps in training, quality, resources, programs, etc. and recommends improvements.
- Coordinates customer sample shipment and receipt to assure labeling and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Provides first aid treatment as needed.
- Travel will be required to other refineries and the corporate office several times per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field required
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a laboratory or manufacturing operations setting
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 systems
- Knowledge of petroleum products industry and statistics is helpful
- Good interpersonal and communication skills verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft products and database programs
- Must be willing to be First Aid/CPR trained
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm