JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
Machinist / Operator
Cranberry Township, PA US
2023-02-01 2023-05-02 Industry: Manufacturing Job Number: Req-4339 Pay Rate: Negotiable
An established manufacturing company, located near Cranberry Township, PA, is seeking a Machinist / Operator.
- Plans and lays out complex machining operations; fabricates and assembles various types and sizes of product parts, tooling, and assemblies; performs jig, fixture, tool, and die work.
- Utilizes various types of manual, numerically controlled, and computerized machine shop equipment to perform machining operations on all types of materials including but not limited to ferrous and nonferrous metals, nonmetallic materials, their alloys, and synthetic materials.
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Selects the appropriate cutting tools to maximize efficiency and ensure quality of product.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machines including but not limited to lathes, mills, drill presses, and metal cutting saws to perform multiple machining operations and ensure the proper utilization of equipment and material.
- Reworks and calibrates production parts or assemblies and machine tooling as required; checks each component for accuracy.
- Sets up punch presses and operates various types and sizes of power brakes to form, pierce, or straighten metal parts as needed.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and considerations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma and/or AS Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of related machining experience, primarily with CNC and manual lathes
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools
- Understanding of blueprints and routers
- Excellent communication and basic math skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm, plus possible OT