JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
Maintenance Reliability Engineer
Butler, PA US
2022-09-28 2023-06-16 Industry: Engineering Job Number: Req-4304 Pay Rate: Negotiable
A specialized manufacturer, located near Butler, PA, is seeking a Maintenance Reliability Engineer.
- Responsible for the plant preventative maintenance program and providing engineering services to optimize equipment life and reliability.
- Champion the reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and track the implementation of recommendations through resolution.
- Design and manage plant predictive & preventive maintenance systems and guide others through utilization.
- Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues.
- Perform testing as needed for mechanical reliability and to support Plant Inspector.
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisor to evaluate job needs and coordinate resources to complete high priority work.
- Plan and manage process unit and boiler turnarounds, including controlling costs, contractor safety, and environmental concerns.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that or equipment is properly installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Manage RFC (Request for Change) project related to Maintenance work.
- Estimate costs and obtain competitive quotes for major maintenance jobs.
- Manage assigned Capital Projects and contribute to the development of the site capital budget.
- Recommend projects and/or studies to Engineering to support overall plant reliability.
- Assist in spare parts review for ensuring equipment maintainability and reliability.
- Requisition non-stock parts, equipment and supplies for plant services and repairs.
- Assist Operations, Product Control, and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters.
- Manage plant vehicles and stationary engine driven equipment - registrations, scheduling repairs/inspections and recommend replacements.
- Schedule OSHA inspections on the crane, man lift and bucket truck.
- Fill in as Maintenance Supervisor for vacations and training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing plant or equipment related positions with exposure and responsibilities in the maintenance, reliability and troubleshooting areas
- Rotating equipment and vibration analysis experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Familiar with computerized maintenance systems
- Strong leadership qualities and effective team skills
- Good communication skills a must, ability to multi-task and able to effectively manage union personnel and outside contractors
- Capability of working with all levels of the organization and with outside vendors
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm (able to work OT, off-shift and on-call)