JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
Pittsburgh, PA US
2022-05-19 2023-04-28 Industry: Manufacturing Job Number: Req-4256 Pay Rate: Negotiable
A chemical manufacturing company, located in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of machinery, equipment, and the plant.
- Repair, maintain, and install machinery and mechanical equipment including steam boilers, oil heaters, blowers, pumps, compressors, gas heaters, air conditioning, reactors, etc. Perform routine preventative maintenance and inspections to ensure all equipment is operational. Replace parts as necessary.
- Maintain plant utilities including gas, water, and drainage systems. Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment. Assist with maintenance of electrical apparatus, as necessary.
- Maintain installation records, maintenance histories, and related documents of the plant, equipment, utilities, and structures.
- Requisition parts and other supplies, as needed.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures and local building and safety codes.
- Keep work area neat and tidy.
- Performance of related duties as assigned.
- AS Degree in a technical field highly preferred and 1-2 years of maintenance experience
- Must have strong mechanical skills and knowledge/experience with the following: Plumbing (pipe fitting); Carpentry; Welding/fabrication; Masonry/concrete; Roofing; Fastening techniques; Familiar with the proper use and care of the tools related to these skills
- Must be able to work independently from engineering drawings and vendor tech manuals
- Must have excellent math and documentation skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.
- Standard PPE includes toe protection, fire retardant uniforms, eye protection, and hardhat; could also require wearing a respirator at times dependent on the task.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 6:00am-2:00pm, plus possible OT