Purchaser / BOM Specialist
An industrial manufacturing company, located near Harmar, PA, is seeking a Purchaser / BOM Specialist.
- Responsible for the procurement of materials and supplies to meet production and plant requirements. Maintain annual service contracts. Prepare Worksheets and Bills of Material for production.
- Perform purchasing functions for production and plant requirements.
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions to order materials, goods and supplies.
- Send purchase orders to suppliers.
- Interact with suppliers on a day-to-day basis.
- Review deliveries against the orders.
- Track the status of any orders.
- Expedite any late orders.
- Deal with non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods.
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment.
- Produce and maintain all reports.
- Manage any procurement activities including RFP’s (Request for Proposals).
- Prepare Worksheets and Bills of Material for production.
- Develop materials list and create machine routings that directs production through the process of building that product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, with 3-5 years of purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook); ERP experience is preferred and must be willing to learn the company system.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Desire to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- High attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
- Any process, HVAC or plumbing knowledge a plus.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm