Senior Data Architect
Ohio Valley Region, (none selected) US
An established financial institution, with locations in West Virginia, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Maryland and Kentucky, is seeking a remote Senior Data Architect.
- Will provide enterprise data warehouse data architect solutions, visualize, and design enterprise data warehouse framework aligned with enterprise strategy and business architecture.
- Designs and builds data warehouse databases, tables and warehouse outputs.
- Defines the data architecture framework, standards, metadata, reference data and addresses categories for master data leading to build enterprise data catalog and data dictionary.
- Develops design plans for new databases that will include: continuity planning, availability management, capacity management, security management and supplier and vendor support management.
- Defines data flows and document data changes in transition by collaborating and coordinating with internal and external data partners.
- Creates and maintains data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for the involved source and target systems.
- Supports the maintenance of the enterprise business glossary and data dictionary and builds strong partnership and collaborate with business analysts and data stewards across the organization.
- Provides support for data quality by focusing on data profiling, exception reporting, and issue resolution.
- Defines and governs data architecture, design standards and development methodologies to support database components migration with version control.
- Creates database physical designs from user requirements and specifications.
- Works with Microsoft SQL, IBM DB2, or Oracle databases to determine best practice to extract and integrate information that needs to be made available for databases, tables and reporting.
- Administers Data Management platform and assist with Extract, Transform, and Load activity
- Works with the Business Intelligence group to confirm that data being requested is provided in an easily consumable format.
- Troubleshoots problems with the data team group to ensure that the current design does not need to be adapted or augmented.
- The position is 100% remote, with occasional in-person meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or another computer-related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of data architecture experience using an industry standard toolset.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with ETL technologies or programming languages that provide ETL services.
- Any banking industry experience a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL or IBM DB2 database technologies aiding the data architecture for BI requirement.
- Experience with database optimization.
- Must be able to create physical databases supporting user requirements and specifications-based data modeling logical designs.
- Experience in documenting data lineage from operational source to reporting repository.
- Experience in a combination of the following technologies:
- Data analysis and modeling tools such as Power Designer, Erwin, ER/Studio
- SAS Data Management platform or other data management applications
- SAS DI Studio, SQL SSIS
- Microsoft SQL, Oracle or other Database Management System
- Strong documentation skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and Visio.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.